This position has been filled. Thank you to all that applied.
We’re expanding and in search of a full-time graphic designer. If you know Flash or motion design its a huge plus. The main types of design will be layouts similar to TV, layouts for digital bulletin board systems, menu boards and poster or out-of-home-like ads. If your portfolio includes any of those things, send it in. Here’s a formal job posting:
Employer: Mirada Media Inc. (http://www.miradamedia.com)
Location: Anjou, Quebec
Position: Graphic Designer
Type of Employment: Full Time – Permanent
Work Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Education Level: College Diploma or Equivalent
Mirada Media is a digital media and audio/visual integrator who specializes in the design, installation and management of a powerful new generation of information networks commonly referred to as digital signage. Our services include consultation and site surveys, digital signage display options, digital signage technology options, integration, installations, content creation, content management, training, and superior customer support.
Purpose of Position:
To work alongside the Vice-President of Marketing and Chief Software Developer in a tactically oriented function to meet the graphic design needs of clients. The Company seeks a competent and creative designer that consults with our customers to determine visual requirements that support organizational business goals. The candidate will need to be bright, imaginative, and a capable designer with strong communication skills.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the creation of digital media visual design, including visual concept, layout, typography and animation for digital signage and interactive platforms.
- Collaborate and coordinate with clients to develop unique and effective communication of their company services and product messages.
- The candidate must be capable of leading the creative aspects of a project and have demonstrated strong business acumen.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Software Requirements: Fluency in current graphic design practices and production software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash
- Proficiency in ActionScript programming is a definite asset to the ideal candidate.
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS, PHP skills are a huge asset.
- Superior skill-set in Graphic Design demonstrating advanced knowledge of current design techniques.
- Understanding of Branding, Concept Development, Advertising, Promotions, Direct Marketing, Web Marketing, Social Marketing, etc
- Understanding of and experience in colour theory and typography in digital media.
- Attention to aesthetics, detail and a strong understanding of “layout” an absolute must.
Ability to translate client’s needs and ideas into a professional, appealing and personal graphical representation based on provided information, graphics and vision for the project.
- Ability and willingness to take direction.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines. Works well under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to adapt and learn new skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Bilingualism in English and French is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A post secondary degree in Graphic and/or Web and/or Multimedia Design or the equivalent degree/experience.
This position offers a competitive salary.
All interested candidates must provide a portfolio or equivalent examples of their previous work. To assist in our selection of candidates, this is preferred as either an “electronic” portfolio or links to projects you have worked on. If you have printed material, please let us know.
To apply, email roberto AT miradamedia DOT com with the following subject line: Mirada Media – Job Application, including in the email your resume, applicable portfolio/samples of work and other pertinent information you feel is necessary.
You may be asked to complete a pre-interview questionnaire to better allow us to familiarize ourselves with your qualifications.
This position is open for applicants through August 15th, 2009.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.